September 8, 2006

Update: Dr. Jensen CANCELLED

I just received word from the Victoria Diocese that Professor Jensen will not be speaking at the conference. They did not seem to pleased about the incident. They received dozens of calls and emails about this, and decided not to let Jensen speak to over 600 Catholics in the Diocese. Thanks to everyone for your support and ideas concerning this matter. Only by standing up to speak truth to power can we win in the battle for our culture. The discussion continues over at Free Republic. --- Some of you have written and asked about Dr. Jensen's specific comments on religion, abortion and homosexuality. Professor Jensen’s article “Why I am a Christian, sort of” begins with the following statements:
“I don't believe in God. I don't believe Jesus Christ was the son of a God that I don't believe in, nor do I believe Jesus rose from the dead to ascend to a heaven that I don't believe exists… My decision to join a church was more a political than a theological act.”

No comments: